File transfers and editing made easy.
Edit right on your server.
This isn t some flimsy, glorified version of Notepad. Direct FTP s built-in code editor is equipped with helpful features that include code completion, language highlighting, and simultaneous tag pair editing. Just drag a file to the Editor pane to make changes and save it when you re done.
There s no need to upload anything, either the file is updated on your server. Editing remote files saves you from the hassle of downloading a file, editing it, and then re-uploading it. Yep, fixing tiny mistakes won t slow you down anymore.
Fast and reliable uploading.
Direct FTP is designed to be user-friendly, but just because it s easy to use doesn t mean it s not powerful. Connect to your server with a single click and upload or download files by dragging them to your server or computer.
Keep an eye on the whole process with the Transfer Activity window. This neatly ordered pane gives you a clear overview of the status of your file uploads and downloads, so complicated FTP logs are a thing of the past. It even lets you pause or cancel your file transfers, keeping you in full control of your content.
Save your place.
You may not realize it yet, but once you start using bookmarks, you ll wonder how you ever got by without them. Bookmarks let you save your place in a folder on your local computer, your server, or both.
Yep, both. Combo Bookmarks let you save the location of a local and a remote folder, then call them both up at the same time, whenever you need them. This works wonders for managing your files and folders just jump right to them.
Open and edit your images.
Editing your website s images is easier than ever, too. Just drag a grahic to the Images pane to preview it, then click the Web Image Studio icon to open the image editor and make your adjustments. You’ll be able to edit quick as a wink and save the graphic back to Direct FTP.
You ll need the newest version of Web Image Studio to use this unique function. When you pair these two incredible apps, amazing things can happen.
- More reasons to love Direct FTP
- Uploading and downloading files and folders is easy! Just use your mouse to drag and drop them wherever you want them to go.
- The built-in preview function lets you see how your Webpage looks in a browser before you save or upload.
- The Snippet Library allows you to store commonly used code snippets so you can use them again and again.
- Support for secure file transfers, including SFTP over SSH, FTPS over TSL, and HTTPS.
- Setting permissions for files and folders on your server is just a click away. Fast, easy and intuitive.
Our customers can t get enough of this incredible file transfer app:
I can make a change with Direct FTP, save and see the results immediately!