Connect with Fire
How Do I.
Duty • Honor • Compassion • Excellence • To meet and exceed our community s needs and expectations by providing high quality emergency response, life safety and community support services.
2018 Eligibility List
The Arlington Fire Department Eligibility List for 2017-2018 has been received from the Director of Civil Service for posting. The list is in ranked order by highest to lowest written exam score, and ties are addressed according to local rules. Veterans’ points have been added for those who qualify. This Eligibility List will expire on June 13, 2018, or when the list is exhausted prior to the expiration date. For those currently in the hiring process, if the need to hire exists you will be contacted per Civil Service local rules.
All firefighter trainee candidates and Emergency Medical Technician Advanced trainee candidates must have all the required immunizations. Please pay special attention the Hepatitis B series vaccinations. This series takes approximately six months to complete. Immunizations are a condition of employment for the position of firefighter trainee and Emergency Medical Technician trainee.
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (TDaP) – (one dose as an adult within the past 10 years; if previously given TD within last 10 years, must have TDaP booster)
- Measles Mumps Rubella – (MMR) MMR #1 and MMR #2 (two doses 28 days apart) OR MMR Titer showing immunity
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) – Varicella 1 and Varicella 2 (two doses 28 days apart) OR Varicella Titer showing immunity
- Hepatitis B (Hep B) – must receive complete series Hep B #1, Hep B #2, and Hep B #3 OR Hep B Titer showing immunity
Hepatitis B Series Schedule: (Accelerated schedules are not acceptable)
Hep B #1 (initial vaccination)
Hep B #2 (one month later)
Hep B #3 (four to six months after the first)
*The MCV is not needed if you are being hired as medically certified with the City of Arlington. EMT-Trainees must have the vaccination prior to the start of EMT-I school.
Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) Information
All employees of the Arlington Fire Department, regardless of position or assignment, are required to meet and maintain qualifications for Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) access, as specified by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement’s Texas CJIS Systems Access Policy. Please review additional information on the Texas Department of Public Safety website.
Office Phone 817-459-6022
The recruitment officer is responsible for the following job functions:
- Coordinating and scheduling the hiring process.
- Identify future needs for hiring process and recruitment.
- Be sure to check this website often for updates and important information.
Other Employment Opportunities
- For inquiries about jobs in Dispatch Services call 817-543-5916
- For inquiries about jobs in Fire Prevention including Inspectors, Investigators and EOD call 817-459-5539
- For other positions, please visit the City of Arlington’s Career Opportunities site
Stay Connected with the Arlington Fire Department