Finance

Jan 13 2020

Best mining company stocks

Best <a title="mining" href="http://nef6.com/tag/mining/">mining</a> <a title="company" href="http://nef6.com/tag/company/">company</a> <a title="stocks" href="http://nef6.com/tag/stocks/">stocks</a>-Best <a title="mining" href="http://nef6.com/tag/mining/">mining</a> <a title="company" href="http://nef6.com/tag/company/">company</a> <a title="stocks" href="http://nef6.com/tag/stocks/">stocks</a>
Best mining company stocks-I bought XGD at 11.31 and I’m so tempted to sell it now and take the profit. I’m wondering if now is the time to sell gold

Your browser is out of date.

We highly encourage you to update your browser to the latest version of Internet Explorer, or use another browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

Don’t have an account yet? Sign up now

• Profile
  • Messages
  • Notifications
  • Subscriptions
  • Thread History
  • Settings
  • Log out

thoughts on mining company stocks of gold & precious metals.

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2016 3:59 pm

Jul 6th, 2016 1:51 pm

Jul 6th, 2016 2:19 pm

Just so you know, that ETF does not hold a single troy ounce of gold. That ETF holds a collection of global gold mining stocks.

Spot price of gold and gold mining stocks do not always follow in-sync with eachothers price movements. Good luck.

Jul 6th, 2016 2:32 pm

The direction of gold is highly speculative because it is not based on earnings or anything measurable like that. Gold is up nicely this year but has it reached a high ? If you are content with your gain and don’t believe there is more to run then sell.

Personally I think there’s more room to run in gold. The macro events and conditions that have led gold up to here have not resolved. Why is the run in gold then suddenly going to end ?

Jul 6th, 2016 3:17 pm

Gold mining stocks, especially the senior miners that are badly beaten down are an leveraged play on gold price, the move in multiples of actual gold price increase due to their business nature. The slump in gold price has “reset” their balance sheet and lots of bad debt are written off so now they are actually in a much healthier shape.

Gold bottomed out late December last year and the Jan shakeup was the final test. I would say the bear trend of gold has ended and all thanks to this much despised metal, I was able to finally catch multiple 5 baggers in (stock that went up 5X) in six month – the best performance in my trading career so far.

Jul 6th, 2016 3:46 pm

Jul 6th, 2016 3:51 pm

Jul 6th, 2016 7:58 pm

Jul 6th, 2016 11:21 pm

I’ve been selling various gold/silver holdings into strength, today selling Silver Wheaton (SLW).

SLW still has a CRA audit hanging over it, so I won’t be re-purchasing until everything is settled.
http://www.silverwheaton.com/news1/pres . fault.aspx

Most PM sector companies I follow look overbought and ready for a pull-back, but there’s no telling how far they can run without a rest.

Avi Gilburt has this reminder:

BOTTOM LINE: AS LONG AS SUPPORT HOLDS, WE ARE HEADING TO NEXT HIGHER TARGETS IN THE COMPLEX, AND ON OUR WAY TO MUCH, MUCH HIGHER LEVELS IN 2016. BIGGER PULLBACK/CONSOLIDATION MAY NOT OCCUR UNTIL 2017, WITH 2018-2019 BEING A MASSIVE MOVE UP IN THE COMPLEX.

Jul 8th, 2016 8:38 am

Nice smack-down in PMs this morning. Excellent!

As a wild guess I’d say that HUI needs to meet the rising 200-day somewhere around 200 (-25%).

Jul 8th, 2016 4:35 pm

I wouldn’t own gold for the long run. The gold bugs are back. I know you guys are too young to know the recent gold bug incident back in 2010-2011. I have made some money by buying into the gold hype. Then I got off the train as soon as Bill Gates and Warren Buffett outlined their reasoning to not own gold. Luckily I did, or else I would still be in the red even after the recent run up.

Who knows what will happen this time around. It’s been 5 years since the last gold run. At that first run, we had super cheap stocks. But the stocks are fairly valued now. I know the companies I own produce some useful things for the society, but I don’t know what gold will do for us aside from sitting there looking shiny and yellowie.

Jul 8th, 2016 6:56 pm

Consultant
– Oilfield & Industrial ServicesFinance – IT
Serving Western Canada since 2013

To network, or for my website and personal blog, shoot me a message.

Jul 21st, 2016 11:38 am

This is why I posted upthread that people not knowledgable in the sector, do nothing but sit back and watch.

In this sector more than any other, the novice trader/investor will lose his money. Call it “tuition” if you want; we’ve all paid it.

My #1 rule for any investment:
Do not invest any money that would change your lifestyle if you lost it all.
I don’t even care about the emotional side of it – emotions are part of life.

Jul 21st, 2016 6:23 pm

Its not my theory but rather widely known fact that the miners have heavily indebted themselves during the boom years thinking that the price will stay high. Hence many of them took on high cost and high risk projects and when the price collapsed, the debt soured their books. Eventually they have to write off the debt and this allows them to start off with a much better balance sheet. Their price also crashed significantly because a miner’s valuation is dependent on the spot price of the underlying commodity, and their known reserves – in this case, how many additional tons of gold deposit under their control. The toronto senior miners all have verified and high grade gold deposit, not some mom and pop or start-up junior miners and their stock price is just a direct reflection of the commodity price.

The know the market is messed up since last year’s flash crash and the January crash is another indicator – but gold price never went below 1000 and the lows has been tested multiple times and help. Based on the 5 year gold chart and market risk-off sentiment, thats when I piled 80% of my portfolio into gold, hedged with Jan 2018 protection.

Jul 22nd, 2016 4:01 pm

Just made another grand and a half on CUC

granted it is a junior gold exploration company, bought a bunch at 0.075, sold half at 0.13 a couple of months back, sold most of what I had left (keeping 2500) today at 0.175.

Another fun ride is DGC, an active player in open pit mining

Aug 23rd, 2016 3:59 pm

XGD another down day where as

Gold futures -$1.50 (-0.11%)
Gold ETF (GLD) -$0.14 (-0.11%)

I know XGD ETF holds bunch of global gold mining stocks so it doesn’t really in-sync with GLD/Gold futures but this much gap? (XGD getting close to its 60 day moving average $15.80 so that’s where I will be averaging down, current cost base $16.50)

]]>

Best mining company stocks

SOURCE: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/thoughts-mining-company-stocks-gold-precious-metals-2010191/2/

Written by FBI

Apartment | Auto | Car | Credit | Insurance | Loan | News | Pharma | Real Estate | Rental | Travel | USA |