#online #classes #for #interior #design
Interior Decorating Program Online
At this point in your program, you will be required to complete a final examination.
As you know this is an online academic program. This means you will need high-speed internet access to begin your program. In addition, you will need access to a Microsoft Windows based computer running Windows 7 or later or an Apple Mac computer running OS X or later, and an email account to participate in and complete your program.
We reserve the right to change program content and materials when it becomes necessary.
Microsoft, Windows, and Windows XP are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation registered in the United States of America and/or other jurisdictions.
Apple, Mac, and OS X are trademarks of Apple, Inc registered in the United States of America and/or other jurisdictions.
To view an Interior Decorator sample lesson, click here.
Interior Decorator Program Details
In the Penn Foster Career School Interior Decorator online training program you’ll cover many topics. Our online classes can help you to:
- Analyze your clients’ preferences, needs, goals, and budgets to develop a decorating proposal
- Design with furniture and arrange rooms according to function and use
- Select appropriate floor and window treatments for your projects
- Learn the skills and methods of successful selling
State Licensing Information
Licensing and/or certification requirements for jobs in this field are not the same in every state and may include educational, testing, and/or experiential requirements beyond those offered by your Penn Foster Program. You should contact the state professional licensing board or similar regulatory body in the state(s) where you plan to work to determine their requirements before enrolling in your Program. Please click here for contact information for state licensing/regulatory boards and certain industry licensing information.
Interior decorators plan and design indoor spaces for clients, while managing style, budget, and room layouts. Here are a few qualities that effective interior decorators have in common:
- Intuitive: It’s important to stay a few steps ahead of trends and trust your instincts.
- Persistent: You need to work hard and stand by your projects and ideas to get others on board.
- Communicative: Take charge of projects and always offer opinions and advice to help others.
- Creative: In design you need to think outside the box and bring in fresh ideas.
- Detail oriented: It’s important to have a sharp eye and check things twice.
I am so happy that I made a career change with the help of Penn Foster. Penn Foster makes it easy, and they are always supportive and encouraging to you. Whenever I had a question, I just gave my instructors a call, and they were very helpful and easy to talk with. The online testing made it convenient, and my shipments always arrived right on time.
– Christina R. Penn Foster Graduate
Penn Foster is a great school with amazing people who always help and work with you through ANY situation. I experienced a fire in my home, and Penn Foster was there for me to cope through the situation. Thank you, and I will be doing another program soon.
– Claudia D. Penn Foster Graduate
Your program includes:
- Customized payment plans with 0% interest
- Books and learning aids such as a furniture template, color wheel, T-square, and triangle
- Goal-setting and progress-tracking tools
- Instructional support from our experienced faculty
- Access 24/7 to Penn Foster s online community. plus immediate membership in the Interior Decorator academic group
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
What is E-Z Decorator, and what type of discount do Penn Foster Career School Interior Decorator students receive from E-Z Decorator?
EZ-Decorator™ is a design tool to help create beautifully detailed sketches and floor plans with unique and patented time-saving tools. Interior Decorating students receive 15% off all EZ-Decorator™ systems, supplements, grids, and furniture and room planners.
What is the difference between the Penn Foster Career School Interior Decorator Career Diploma Program and the Penn Foster College Interior Design Associate Degree Program?
The Penn Foster College Interior Design Associate Degree Program teaches graduates to tackle residential and commercial design projects, covering everything from color analysis to legal and financial issues. Penn Foster College is licensed in Arizona. The Penn Foster Career School Interior Decorator Career Diploma Program focuses solely on design aspects such as style, budget, and room layouts. Note that interior designers are required to be licensed in most states, while interior decorators aren’t. Interior design graduates can work as design assistants but will have to have several years of assistant work before they can take the licensing exam. Interior designers must have knowledge of building codes and construction, while interior decorators often do not.