Grow with us
Are you self motivated, caring, and dependable?
WHY OUR STAFF LOVE THEIR JOBS
Build meaningful, rewarding relationships.
Variety and flexible hours.
Training for the right individuals.
We appreciate our employees!
Personal Support Specialist (PSS) Job Description
As a PSS, you will provide supportive and personal services for clients with consideration of their dignity and privacy.
Caregivers at Loving Care are certified in the state of Maine as Personal Support Specialists, formerly titled Personal Care Attendants. If you haven’t yet received this certification, that’s okay! We offer a PSS training course for the right individuals.
- Graduate of an accredited High School or equivalent preferred.
- Ability read, write and follow directions.
- At least 18 years of age and has demonstrated competency.
- Personal Support Specialist Certificate (or agrees to complete training and attain certificate within six months of hire).
- Work positively and favorably with clients, families, and staff.
- Demonstrate compassion, responsibility, and cheerful attitude.
- Able to demonstrate competency in all areas of training for personal care.
What does a PSS do?
Personal Support Specialists must be able to perform the following essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.