#apply for credit
Application for New Credit Account
Open Account Credit Terms
- Each invoice is due upon receipt.
- If equipment is rented for more than 4 weeks, periodic unsigned invoices will be issued for rental charge due. All such invoices are due upon receipt.
- At the discretion of United Rentals, any account with a delinquent balance may be placed on a cash basis any time, and the equipment picked up without notice.
- United Rentals files preliminary lien notices and mechanics liens whenever necessary or required by law. This is a company policy, and is not a reflection of your credit standing.
- For each delinquent account, customer agrees to pay a monthly service charge equal to 2% of the past due balance or the maximum service charge permitted by law in the state where the contract is signed.
- Customer agrees to pay all reasonable attorney fees, collection costs, and court costs incurred by United Rentals in enforcing these terms and conditions.
- Customer authorizes United Rentals to obtain credit reports, trade reports, and bank references for the purpose of determining the extension or continuation of credit to customer.
- Customer agrees to the terms and conditions as stated on each and every United Rental’s invoice.
The undersigned warrants that all information is correct, has read, accepted and agrees to be bound by all of the terms set forth in this document and in each rental contract entered into by the undersigned or his agents. It is understood and agreed that the undersigned specifically consents to United Rentals investigating of the applicant’s credit history and may utilize credit reporting services for information on the undersigned. Facsimile copies will be accepted as originals.
The Federal Equal Credit Opportunity Act/regulation B prohibits creditors from discriminating against credit applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age (provided the applicant has the capacity to enter into a binding contract); because all or part of the applicant’s income derives from any public assistance program; or because the applicant has, in good faith, exercised any right under the Consumer Credit Protection Act. The federal agency that administers compliance with the law concerning this credit is the Federal Trade Commission, Division of Credit Practices, 6TH and Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, D.C. 20580.
In the event Credit Applicant enters into an agreement with United Rentals to purchase used rental or transportation equipment, Credit Applicant is hereby notified that United Rentals has assigned its rights (but not its obligations) in such agreement to United Rentals Exchange, LLC. a qualified intermediary, as part of a Section 1031 like-kind exchange program.