#white #poop,baby #white #poop,white #spots #in #stool,causes #of #white #stool,white #stool #in #babies
The color of the stool of an infant can sometimes indicate the health of a baby. A white Poop is not normal and may be a cause of concern.
You might have observed pale white stool or there might be white specs in the stool and even white mucous in the stool. Discovering white poops in your baby’s diaper is alarming and unexpected, a child with white stool needs to be examined by a pediatrician.
Breastfed infants typically pass one to ten seedy colored stools, every one to eight days. Read more info about normal breastfed baby stools.
What can white stools indicate?
- Oral medications may sometimes cause white stool in babies. Antibiotics for treating ear infections and other illnesses in your baby may be one of the causes of white stools. Antacids used to treat reflux in your baby may also lead to the white spots in the stool.
- A red and white stool may indicate the above causes of white stool and the red color may be due to constipation. for an overly firm stool can make tiny fissures in your baby’s rectum, leading to red streaks in the stool. Breastfeed your baby often, so that your baby does not become constipated. Breast milk acts like a natural laxative.
- When there is a lack of iron, it may cause white stool anemia.
- White poop in babies sometimes indicates a lack of bile. A cyst, tumor or inflammation in the bile ducts may inhibit the flow of bile, hence the chalky white stool. Some congenital disorders of the bile duct also may be the cause of white in stool. A narrowing or stricture of the duct may be present, limiting the fluid from reaching the small intestines.
- Other medical reason which cause white stool is the scarring of bile ducts, liver infections and auto immune destruction of the bile ducts and gall stones.
Other Symptoms that may Accompany White Poop
Jaundice. dark urine and itching skin are additional symptoms, which may be related to white poop in babies. Remember that your own dietary intake while breastfeeding is not the cause of a white colored stool.
Should you Breastfeed?
Breast milk is the best food for a baby, breast milk will help heal whatever the problem may be, unless if the problem is something like true lactose intolerance or Galactosemia. but this is very rare. There are very few instances that require a mother to stop breastfeeding.
Breast milk, in normal circumstances, will provide immune and gut protection.
While these are potential answers to why this occurs, there are other possibilities, ranging from the very serious to the very minor.
Consult your pediatrician and if possible take a diaper sample of stool with, for your doctor to see. Do not ignore white poop, get the opinion of your doctor immediately.
By Poonam Bindra
Other pages on “breastfeeding problems ” in connection with this page
Leave a comment
Want to share your stories? Ask a question or just say hello.
What Other Moms Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page.